Spanish Schools in Buenos Aires Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Spanish Schools in Buenos Aires « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Caroline
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,
I want to do a Spanish immersion program for a few weeks in Buenos Aries this Sept. Where can I get information on the schools and their reputations?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 86
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Caroline, I am afraid there are no comparison reports for spanish programs. Most of the recommendations will come through word of mouth. Feel free to examine the listings in our Directory at learning spanish in Argentina.

Administrator
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Test

Miguel cervantes
Username: Spanishschools

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2007 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Caroline
I have been at ABC Spanish Schools for 3 weeks and I made the “VERY BEST” choice for learning Spanish. Every teacher is professional, friendly and helpful. It is like having your own family a long way from home. here is the site

http://www.spanish-schools.com.ar
Regards

(Message edited by admin on October 28, 2007)

Johan Bahn
Username: Andreas

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Miguel Cervantes" is the owner of ABC spanish schools pretending to be a former student...
If you see his profile, it says that he is from Rio Negro, Argentina, his website is spanish-schools.com.ar and he is "director"...
What a shame!

Bruno
Username: Bbr

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

There are many good language schools in Buenos Aires. I stayed four weeks in August in BsAs and enjoyed this stay very much. If you are able to travel a couple of days earlier, visit some of the schools and make up your own mind. I visited four schools and all were very helpful. In the end I choose one in the microcenter of the city.

The list provided through Roberto's link shows some of these schools.

Adam Williams
Username: Adjwilli

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have a friend who's a private tutor. She'll do group lessons too if you'll be with other traveling-mates. Her name is Natalia, you can find her information here). You'll learn faster with private lessons in any case.

Marina
Username: Gaby

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,
I have studied at Verbum Spanish school in November. My teacher was very good and the staff very helpful. I can highly recommend them.
The website is http://www.verbum.biz
Good luck!

M J Gimenez
Username: Mendocinateacher

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 5:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I am not a Spanish teacher here in Mendoza, but have been teaching English for several years, and I am familiar with many of the Spanish schools and teachers here, and have talked to a lot of foreign students who have studied Spanish over the years.

Yes, it is true that most Spanish teachers do not have qualifications or training to teach Spanish in Argentina. In fact, many do not have teaching qualifications at all. There are few places to get training as a Spanish language teacher in Argentina, and most that have teaching credentials have English or Spanish Literature credentials. The best ones have DELE certification from the Cervantes Institute of Spain.

Also, there is no such thing as a "certified" language institute in Argentina. There are advertising groups for "partner schools" that call themselves associations, but they are just a loose net of different schools that join together to give "recommendations" in different cities. For example, the " SEA - Asociación de Centros de Idiomas " which has many "member schools", has no real educational development function at all, it is just a way for "member schools" to advertise, and many of their schools are terrible (I know, because I have taught English at many of these schools, in BA and In Mendoza, at one time or another). Be carfeul. The best way to be sure is to get personal recommendations or references from former students. Some of these schools have some good Spanish teachers, but most are only mediocre, it is often a question of luck.

Also, be careful of websites from places like New York, Madrid and London who say they have "schools" in places like Mendoza or BA, such as "ABC", "Cactus" or "Don Quixote". They are nothing more than agents that charge large sums to Spanish schools in Argentina as a way of attracting students, which is the big battle here. If the sites (and probaly they are the majority of the sites that you get after a search) do not give the address and/or telephone number of the school (because they do not want you to contact them directly so they lose their big commission), do not deal with them. Be satisfied only after direct contact and after you feel confident in the school administrator or teacher.

There are some excellent Spanish teachers in small schools or who offer private lessons to small groups and individuals. For example, I have had excellent comments form foreign tourists and expats I have met in the cafes about Spanish instruction from:

http://www.cheeseandcrackers.ca/a/a.htm

Also, be careful about the accomodation arrangements of many of the institutes or other places, either they are overpriced or they are homestays wghere you are not really welcome. Again, personal recommendations from many students are always the best measue.

Enjoy your visit and studies here in Argentina, it is always a pleasure to run into people like you!

Buen viaje! :-)

(Message edited by admin on March 05, 2010)

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1966
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would normally not favor a link (I did it) from a new member. However, this was a good contribution. Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration