Airfares Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Airfares « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Guy McSlam
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Its a long way south! Its about as far as Germany from my home in Sunnyvale California. The airfares are pretty expensive. Are there any really good deals on airfares?

Roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Students may get a break. At least, if departing from Miami, FL. In general, tickets are not cheap. Depending on the time of the year prices may get somewhat lower. You can further reduce the cost of your trip if you purchase a ticket with several connections (via Chile, Costa Rica or some other airports). Some of these flights can get really long.

I think the days of Miami - Buenos Aires - Miami tickets for less than $400 are behind us, considering present oil prices. You should still contact your local travel agent since every now and then there may be inventory liquidations. But this might be rare. For months and months all flights to South America have been packed...

Jennifer Castillo
Username: Travelfan

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What is the most economical way to purchase air travel? I plan to begin in BA then go to Salta then Iquazu then back to BA?

Roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jennifer, you will still need to connect through Baires. For specific inquiries Erna will be happy to quote you different routes. Just shoot her an email with your inquiry at erna@travelsur.net. No commitments.

Mabel Edo
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 3:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, The prices of internal flights offered by Aerolíneas if you buy them abroad are really good value?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 70
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 6:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Mabel, I don't think there is much of a difference. If you have a specific route I will be happy to post the prices we see on our screens in Buenos Aires and then you can compare with yours wherever you are.

Mabel Edo
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 7:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Roberto. I'm in Spain, but I see everyone write in English....
The route would be:
B.A.- Salta
Salta- Córdoba
Córdoba- Bariloche
Bariloche-Usuaia
Usuaia-B.A.

Thanks you.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 71
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mabel, that route will be approx. USD $1033 taxes included.

Juan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 2:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Robert, i would like to know around how much a one way fare from Bariloche to BA would be. for travel on the 10 Jan 2006. As we are starting to plan our trip now . Also i hear Iguazu is highly recommended we would like to do a day tour to Iguazu with flights incl. Would it be alright with you if we could get a rough estimate of prices for this just to know how much it would be. no airline preference thanks.

Szonja
Username: Szonja

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 7:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Roberto,

Is there any other way to fly but through BA? There is no airline operating Salta-Iguazu-Bariloche or anything else?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 80
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Szonja, I am afraid any two inland cities' flights will have to connect through Buenos Aires. There are only a few short routes that connect straight such Bariloche/Argentina Lake (Lago Argentino).

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 88
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Juan, a one way fare Bariloche / BA is approximately USD $165. A one night package to Iguazu would be approximately USD $340 for each person, double room-based. Includes roundtrip flight, local transfers in Iguazu, a night in Cataratas hotel and only 1 excursion.

Janetndennis
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It depends where you're traveling from. From NYC the tickets are cheaper. Try Carbonetravel.com they seem to always have some type of sale going on. I've even traveled from Atlanta, GA and it wasn't too expensive. Sometimes it can cost around 500 dolars through this company.

robi
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Roberto,

it's a kind of a hurry so...I'm contacting you too - I've send an e-mail to Erna about airticket BA-El Calafate, she replied pretty fast with instructions but now I just can't get to her to make further reservation, for more than a week now. It's all good? Should I wait since 2 of should fly on 21/5? And another question - bus connection from El Calafate to Bariloche seems complicated, it goes only via Rio Gallegos?

Thanks, Robi

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 418
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello robi, my understanding is that buses go through Rio Gallegos, yes. But for any up to date changes you should contact Retiro Bus Terminal station: http://www.tebasa.com.ar/paginas/contacto.html, or contact 'Expreso El Pinguino' at 4315-4438.

Erna is making a reservation for both of you as I write. She said she will email you today with the details on how to deposit funds and such. If you don't receive an email from her within 24/48 hours contact me again or drop a line here.

robi
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It has been arranged, thx.
We had some problems with available seats on the plane so now we had to change our plan-we won't go Calafate-Bariloche by bus.
But it would be an interesting thing to find out wether direct
connection exists.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 420
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You can possibly buy that direct route (Highway 40), but the tickets must be purchased through a travel agent. I was told that these guys handle that but I don't really know...

Chalten Travel
4326-7282

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration