Beach Resorts? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Beach Resorts? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Guy McSlam
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Are there carribean style beach resorts down there?

Roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello, if you are asking about resorts like Atlantis in the Bahamas, no, there is nothing like this in Argentina. Neither it is customary to sell 'inclusive' packages. Most beach visitors will get a hotel or rent an apt. and then just enjoy the beaches. Then, later at night people will just go out... the old fashion way. In some beaches there may be horse riding and things like this. You should look into the Conrad in Punta del Este (Uruguay). That maybe the closest to what you are looking for.

Guy McSlam
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Can you tell me a bit about the beaches you mentioned? I didn't see beaches featured on your web site. Are there excellent beaches? What about sky blue waters? Please tell me a bit more.

Roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No sky-blue waters, I am afraid.

Most of the time waters are brownish due to the ocean sediment. Also, sand may be somewhat coarser than the sand in the caribbean islands. Beaches in Uruguay are a little better in this regard. I remember some small beach towns like 'La Floresta', 'Piriapolis', 'Maldonado' and 'Punta del Este' having both nicer waters and nicer sand. Beaches are not the most prominent choice when it comes to tourism in Argentina. Unless we are talking January and February. So we haven't built a section about it.

However, during summer time, many argentines will flock to the beaches south of Buenos Aires City. Like Mar del Plata, Villa Gessell, Pinamar and the smaller ones, Valeria del mar and the likes. You can definitely have a great time, enjoy the sand and make it a wonderful trip, as long as you do not expect turquoise waters and powdery sand. You won't see coconuts either. For those kind of beaches you have to visit Brazil, in particular the northern beaches from Bahia to Recife.

(Message edited by admin on December 31, 2005)

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just got an email from a small complex offering beach resort information. If anyone is interested please visit www.rincondelmar.com.ar. The townhouses look nice and humble and the beaches seem quite, however, I haven't had any experiences with them. This is located close to Mar del Plata, I think...

Vitas
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Trying to go to Argentina 26-30 of December.
how busy is the time? And will I get hotel in Buenos aires and couple days on the beach...
Do I need reservation in advance? I will not know untill last minute if I am going...

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 223
Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Vitas, unfortunately yes, that is a busy week. Perhaps what makes it more difficult is that many people leave for the holidays. I'd say you should get reservations in advance. Leaving it for the last minute is a bit risky. Same for beaches.

James Kibler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Roberto- My wife and I are considering several potential locations in South America for purchasing a vacation home. 2 of our main requirements are that it needs to be urban, and near a beach. How close is Buenos Aires to a beach, in terms of travel time?

Thanks

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 345
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

James, welcome!

The city of Buenos Aires is about 4 hours away from the nearest beaches. Distance might be around 200 miles for some of these but you need to take into account that getting out of the city will take you a while (street lights, traffic). If you are looking for a city-like place that is also a beach resort explore Mar del Plata.

James Kibler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Test

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration