Calling Me in Buenos Aires from Canada Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Calling Me in Buenos Aires from Canada « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mariposa
Username: Mariposa

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 7:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help me. I'm here in BA for a month, getting my ESL certificate. I brought my GSM phone with me, bought a Personal SIM Card and can phone home back to Canada. The problem is that my family is having difficulty calling me. Whatever additional country, city codes, etc.(in front of my eight digit local number here) that I have been given for them to use to reach me here don't work for them. (And a few of them are trying to call me from THEIR cell phones).

Can anyone solve this mystery for us? What exact codes need to be used prior to the eight digit number from Canada? (The operators there have been no help.)

Thank you!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 363
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mariposa, if calling from abroad they can only reach your cell by replacing some digits as follows:

011 54 911 + local cell number without the initial 15.

So they must first drop the 11 from "5411" and replace those 2 digits with 911, then drop the "15" from the standard cell numbers 15-51406792 would be:

011 54 911 51406792

See if that works.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration