Digital Camera Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Digital Camera « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Yassine
Username: Chiko

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Roberto!
Ah yeah, after being here only 3 weeks... I broke my digital camera.. actually a friend of a friend dropped it in a Boliche! Anyhow, I was wondering if you had any advice on where I could get a good deal... from what I have seen it seems that they are quite expensive compared to the prices in Canada... any suggestion? Do you think it would be worth it to get a friend to buy me one in Canada and ship it over here?
Thanks

Bill Howard
Username: Veritas01

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Because of the import duties you will not get as good a deal on a digital camera in Argentina as you would in Canada. Particularly on name brands like Sony and Cannon. You might want to price lower priced cameras in Argentina. Lots of Chinese imports that might fill you needs. They might not last forever but they should last during the trip. Look for a cheap, 3 megapixel cam. Maybe even a used one.

Shipping a new cam to Argentina might be problematic because packages are often checked and import duty paid. By the time you paid the FEDEX charges and possibly duty it would be cheaper to buy a cam retail on Florida street. Good luck.

Yassine
Username: Chiko

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks. But what I am wondering is if It is indicated as a gift and does not include the box or bill... would I have to pay import fees anyways?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1248
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Even if done person-to-person it's a lottery. Best would be to have someone you know that is coming to Argentina to bring one for you, as used. Or what Bill suggested: Florida st.

Gayle
Username: Flaka

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions. We will be traveling in October and what should I bring as a jacket to wear in the evening? How cool does it get? Also, is there a VAT tax on food, merchandise, etc.?

Do we have a date yet in October when some of us can meet on a weekend day for a parrilla? This forum is wonderful. My husband has gone on an engineer forum and he is corresponding with a couple of engineers in Argentina who he plans on meeting while we are there. He speaks fluent Spanish (his parents are from Argentina)and was inquiring as to the availability of consulting work in B.A. as we are considering relocating there.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1275
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gayle, your answer is here.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration