Trelew Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Blog | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Testimonials » Trelew « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

elizabeth
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's curious how much the weather can change in Patagonia. In Trelew, province of Chubut, you need warm clothes if you happen to visit between July and September. But you can't forget your swimsuit and sun protection if going between December and March -and a light jacket for the night! The rest of the year, it is quite warm.
Is the rest of Argentina's weather so changeable?
Thanks.

Roberto (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome to our forums, Elizabeth.

Weather patterns in Argentina seem to be going through some changes. I can't speak of Trelew or other destinations but this last December I definitely saw a huge change in the weather in Buenos Aires. It was supposed to be hot, if not warm. But for the most part of December I had to sleep using a thick cover. At nights it was pretty cold, even during the day. Going back 10 or 15 years I can't remember the weather as cold as it was in December in BA.

Perhaps, this has to do with global warming. I read somewhere that our Country has been one of the most affected ones and the fact that a few months ago an international symposium for global warming was held in Buenos Aires seems to be a proof of this.

A little anecdote and a true story. Some 25 years ago, a southeast asian investor contacted a very knowledgeable person about farmlands in Argentina. He wanted to make an investment and according to his research, buying land in the 'pampa humeda' (fertile pampa) region was the way to go. His contact in Argentina, who also happened to be a weather expert, recommended him buying on 'pampa seca' (dry pampa) instead, for a fraction of the cost. His argument was that weather patterns were changing in such a way that the land in that region of Buenos Aires and La Pampa would be considerably different many decades into the future. He based his logic in global warming action. Decades later, the southeast asian investor saw his farmland asset prices rise tenfold for -as his contact had mentioned- what was known as 'dry pampa' was now a rich, fertile soil.

Answering your question, weather seems to have become somewhat unpredictable in all of Argentina...

elizabeth
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration